Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Salam. Alhamdulillah, I managed to finish my 3rd professional examination today. How it went? No much to talk about it, but here goes the review:-
- Began at 9 am. We started off with clinicosocial cases. At 10 am, we did the problems. At 11 am, we did the spotters, and at 11.15 am, we have an interrogation with the examiner.
-I don't know what to say, whether it is easy, medium hard, or hard. What I can say is that it is calm and smooth, though I think I answered wrongly.
Well, that's all I can say about it. I'm haunted by the upcoming result. Even though I really wish I pass all the three subjects, but still my heart is really not at peace. May Allah grant me the strength~ Until then~
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Salam to all. I just finished my ENT practical exam today! Finally! Since my heart has already undergone arrythmia, the only think in my mind when I arrived at the hospital is, "please don't be mad at me. Please don't make me cry~" What happen today? Let us review:-
- Had our instruments, X-ray and models viva first. My instrument viva is not so good. Though I managed to answer regarding the Boyle-Davis mouth gag that I picked it up, but when the external examiner gave me direct laryngoscope, I got a cold feet. I know the answer, my it didn't being transmitted to my mouth. Plus Dr. Badri asked me about causes of headache in ENT! Arghh!!! I was trapped in sinusitis question, and then I am permitted to go to the next room. There, the ext. examiner askes me question regarding the larynx model. I managed to answer few of them. Then Dr. Anita showed me the Water's view of PNS.
- For history taking, I was given a case of CSOM and a case of DNS. Taking the history and performing the examination was quite fine, except in case of CSOM. Why you asked? because me and Bao got the same patient, and after that, I found out from Bao that the patient had a subtotal perforation, while I saw, what I thought of, a marginal perforation! I was so sad to know about this. But, since the history given by the patient almost correspond to the diagnosis of Unsafe CSOM, I just go on with the finding. Hope it will not affecting my mark so much. For the DNS case, the external examiner viva me regarding benign tumor of the nose and how to approach it. Luckily paan told me the night before, so I have the knowledge about it. Thanks paan!
Overall, ENT practical exam was an OK for me. I hope me and friends get a passing mark or a better mark in the practical exam. Tomorrow I'm having my last exam, community medicine practical exam. May Allah guide me tomorrow, since this is the scariest subject of all! I really do not want to fail in this subject. So God, please lend me your strength~ Until then~
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Salam to all my readers! Well, since my theory paper have finished, now it is the time for the practical exams. Today I just done my ophthalmology practical exam at BBH. What happened to me today? Let us review:-
- The exam started around 8.30 am, beginning with syahir, yaya, noni and fareed.
- My turn around 9.20 am
- As usual, we were given two cases, I got a case of pterygium and a case of cataract.
- As per the history taking and examination, so far it runs smoothly. Patients were cooperative.
- Upon presenting the case to my examiners, there were few questions which I failed to answer fully. We have two external examiners, both I believed from MS Ramaiah Hospital.
- For the instrument, drugs, charts and model viva, I managed to answer fully.
Overall, ophthalmology practical exam today was stress-free, and I thanks to the doctors for helping me. My concern now is tomorrow's ENT practical exam! Some of my friend already broke a tear to the ENT doctor today! I just hope nothing scary happen to me tomorrow. May Allah help me and my friends! That's all, bye!!
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Isn't it a beauty? huhuhu~
Thursday, March 17, 2011
*OMC is final common pathway for drainage and ventilation of frontal,maxillary sinuses and ant.ethmoidal cells.
*OMC is related with pathogensis of nasal sinusitis and it is basis of functional nasal endoscopic surgery.
I just laughed infinitely, as I what I wrote on the paper sound like this, "it is a combination of the periosteum and the posterior meatal wall." hahahahaha!!!!!! I can imagine how the examiner laugh when correcting my paper.